I want to share with you all another one of my favorite, daily rituals of self care - dry brushing. Dry brushing is simple and is something you can very easily incorporate into your morning routine. Since your skin is your bodies largest organ it's very important to treat it with love and care.
What is Dry Brushing?
Dry brushing is a technique using a natural bristle brush to help increase circulation and remove toxins from your skins surface. Some of the benefits of dry brushing include: helping to reduce the appearance of cellulite because of increased cell circulation, exfoliating your skins surface, increasing blood flow, and helping to support your bodies lymphatic system which in turn boosts immunity. Doing this daily ritual will leave your skin feeling softer and more vibrant.
Here's how to dry brush:
1. Get a natural bristle brush with a long handle so can reach all areas of your body. Whole foods has a great one - see photo above for an idea of the type of brush you are looking for.
2. Before showering begin brushing your body by starting at your feet and moving in long sweeping and/or circular motions toward your heart. Always brush toward your heart.
4. Brush several times in each area, overlapping as you go and moving up your body.
5. Avoid sensitive areas of your body or dry brush them very lightly - such as the breast area.
6. After brushing take a nice long hot shower.
7. Gently pat your skin dry and moisturize with coconut oil and essential oils. I like to add a few drops of either lemon, lavender or peppermint essential oil.
Dry brush every day for best results. My skin always feels incredibly soft after continuous days of dry brushing. It takes less than 5 minutes and you can even dry brush while you are oil pulling - two birds, one stone. Try this for at least 30 days and trust me you will start to see and FEEL results!